Saturday, January 12, 2008

David Morales, La Vie en Stéréo @ Stereo - January 1, 2008

La Vie en Stéréo with David Morales, and it is the day after new year’s eve? There is no way in hell I would miss this party. I only regret not have gone earlier as I had planned. Nevertheless, while waiting in line I got to see a spectacular display of power by mother nature, when kilos of snow felt from the roof of the building on top of the gel prepared heads of the Stereogoers.

Once inside I quickly forgot about the time spent outside and moved to claim my own space. It was a phenomenal sight, hundred of men and women dancing to the anthems chosen by David Morales.

Didn’t pay attention to the decoration, but I did notice the great mood coming from the decks. Morales played anything and everything, making difficult for anyone not to enjoy his set because there was always something there that you liked. He would shift from Techno to Electro, then to Vocals from Minimal, then fro Hard tunes to deeper and sexy sounds, to classical house songs from whatever else he had decided to drop at the moment. All transitions were smooth, and he really made the night a magic experience for me.

There was a moment around 5:00am when he started to play music that felt as if you were in the ocean, and if you looked around you could see a wave of people moving accordingly. I remember just closing my eyes and letting the music to take my mind and body to the shores, and this is when I felt someone hugging me.

I asked someone, that had been at Stereo the night before, how the crowd compare, and he answered “like day and night”. Although I enjoy the DJ’s that were schedule to spin on December 31, for whatever reason I felt as if it was tailored to a more straight crowd. I could be wrong, but I was looking for a more mix party, and you can’t go wrong with Morales. You know the party will have representatives from all walks of life, and that is exactly what I got for my party on January 1, 2008.

The crowd was just beautiful, and friendly as usual, everywhere you looked there was candy for your eyes, and too funny some people didn’t recognize me because my long hair - it is back to short now. Saw many people I haven’t seen in a long time, and it was nice to catch up for a bit, and share the floor with a good dance.

What a great party, and some people kept telling me Morales wanted to break the record, by spending I don’t know how many hours spinning at the temple. I still don’t know what time it finished, but it was 6:00pm and he was still there. I left the place around noon, and really left because I had to, otherwise I could had spend a couple of more special moments.

Morales you rock man.

No comments: