Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Climaxxx Blackout Edition: B'ugo & Danny Torrence @ Stereo - April 19, 2008

To do a back to back Stereo weekend is not for amateurs, and I must say I don’t think I’ll be repeating this double night anytime soon.

Friday night at Stereo was fun, and it had been a while since I heard the Spaniard duo playing. They sucked some of my energy but had plenty left in my body for the following night, just needed the perfect mix of music to bring it up to the surface again.

Arrived at Stereo and the place was packed solid, but what grabbed my attention was not the people, or the Stereo signs hanging from the ceiling, or these cuties standing around, what really got me going was the music being played. First time hearing B’ugo at Stereo, and I really hope it is not the last time.

It felt as if I was being splashed with this aromatic fresh sounds of house music. I can’t put my finger in the style, but my guess is a whole combination of so many good things, that have been blended so well together that now I’m hungry for more. Seriously, it was such a great mix of styles that probably there is a name already for it - Soultek?

Get me good music, and you will get dancing out of me, and when I’m inspired I can’t stop dancing, and man this guy made me move, I thought I was not going to have any more energy left for Torrence. I must say, B’ugo was the surprise of the evening, I would be lying if I said I knew B’ugo played such good music, and kudos to Torrence for choosing such a talented DJ to warm up his crowd, and to expose the dancers to B’ugo’s music.

Torrence took over the decks around 4:30am or so, and he started one of the solid set I have seen him played up to now. Chus & Ceballos were good the night before, Danny Torrence was just perfect. The only imperfection was caused by some technical issues happening with the system, which made the music stopped twice I think. Besides that everything was 10 out 10 during the whole night.

Many of you know I haven’t been going out to Stereo as much as I used to, not because I don’t like the place anymore, on the contrary, it is and probably always will be one of my favourite places to dance. Just I haven’t been enjoying the music as much as I used to. Maybe I’m just going thru a phase or something. Danny Torrence showed me that I’m not going thru a phase, I just enjoyed good music and I won’t compromise on it.

Danny gave me the trip of my life because he took me to difference places during the time I spent at Stereo. He gave us tribal, vocal, smooth minimal, amazing techy songs, dirty sexy house tunes, and all music was played just a the right time. It was as if Danny Torrence knew exactly what we wanted to hear in order to dance as we wanted.

Even the light show was just perfectly synchronized with the music being played. There was light when needed and darkness when we wanted to be bad. The crowd was just perfect, and even though it was not as packed as the night before, it was perfectly warm for everyone inside.

Celeda performance was also fantastic, and please forgive my ignorance but I had no idea who she was until she sang at Stereo. My gosh what a great voice, and I had no idea I had danced so much to her music already - he sang 4 song and you could tell she enjoyed it.

I cannot get over the remix of “Touch My Body”, which I’m assuming is David Morales mix. It is just superb and so far the best I have heard. Danny loved it so much that played it twice during the evening, usually he doesn’t do that but this song deserve to be played twice, so the people that arrived late can dance to its delicious sounds.

Love the evening and I wished I had stayed until the end, but 2 nights in the row at Stereo drain all the energy left in your body. Thank you B’ugo and Danny Torrence for such an amazing night.

UPDATE: the "Touch my Body" we heard was David Morales unreleased Stereo remix, and I don't think we will be hearing this amazing song from other sources. I could fall in love dancing to this tune.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's Momo's mix for sure. he played it in Miami too (momo that is)