Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Gene Farris @ Cherry - April 26, 2008

Last Saturday, after a friend's birthday party at Vieux-Montréal, instead of heading to Stereo to hear Danny Rampling, which I heard it was off the hook, we ended up going to Cherry for some funky and cool music.

I have said so many times and keep insisting - you must check out this place people. Last time I was here was for my birthday back in December, and the place got raided. This Saturday Gene Farris from Chicago was in the house, and he dropped house music made for the gods. What a great remixer, and talk about the energy level of the place, sketchy as usual and a lot of fun.

Too bad a missed Danny Rampling, but I only had energy for a normal club that night, and if it wasn't Rampling, Farris was the next natural choice for the evening.

No comments: