Saturday, June 28, 2008

Festival International de Jazz de Montréal

Ladies and gentlemen, I decided not to go to NYC or Toronto, and I'm staying in Montreal. There are many things happening this weekend, and because so many festivals going on, remember many streets are blocked off to traffic, use the public transportation system instead.

Festival de Jazz de Montreal is in full swing right now, don't forget to check it out.



Probably one of the best moments of the festival was when the Cirque du Soleil was asked to be in charge of the gran concert in 1995 - 200,000 people saw the show of their lives - what a Summer and what a great memories, I was actually in the province of Quebec doing a French immersion program at the time. Sometimes I wonder if this was the reason why 2 years later I moved to Montreal.

The Cirque du Soleil was once again asked to perform in 2004


and Gilberto Gil just celebrated his 66th birthday playing at the Jazz Festival 2 days ago

No comments: