Thursday, July 03, 2008

(((STEREO))) (((STEREO))) (((STEREO)))

By now most of you have heard the news, last night Stereo was damaged by a fire. I had no idea until this morning when I started to get text messages, from people in 3 continents, asking me if this was true.

Tried to get info from everywhere, but unfortunately due to a busy schedule I had to wait until after work to find out what was going on.

Arrived home and the news hadn't sank yet, I was only thinking about the fact the news claimed the fire had done around C$500,000.00 worth in damages.

Took my bicycle and went to the temple to see up and close what was really going on. Scott Lancaster was right outside at the (((Stereo Patio))) and had the chance to speak to him.

According to him, the place inside is really messy, but there is already a crew working in cleaning the place up. The sound system was not damaged and Scott hopes to have the temple up and running within 3 weeks - no Calderone on July 12th, but he hopes to be open for Ferry Corsten by July 18th (too soon?).

Didn't get to see the place from inside, and didn't ask how much damaged this suspicious fire had caused, but I believe Stereo Afterhours should be ready to rock before Gay Pride Montreal Edition, which happens at the beginning of August.

Watch out the Official Press release, and I think one is needed in order to calm down the Stereoheads of this world.

(((Stereo Patio))) should be opening soon, and once the electricians do their final wire testing, it is expected that (((Stereo Bar))) will also open up soon.

I don't know what the future holds for Stereo, but I can tell you it has added something fun in my life, and for that I thank you Stereo.

No comments: