Monday, September 22, 2008

Cube Guys @ Parking - September 20, 2008

all my friends decided to go to Cherry, and for whatever reason I had to see the Cube Guys at Parking. Never seen them before and so I was curious about what kind of music they were going to deliver.

When I arrived I heard this rockish tune and then I started to wonder if I had made a good decision about not going to Cherry. Never mind, went in and checked out the statistics: more straight people than usual, the decks had been set up in front of the normal DJ booth, and everyone was wearing a t-shirt - if you have been at Parking, you must know almost no one wears a T-shirt on Saturday night.

Usually I don't make my mind in the first minutes of a set, you must relax and let the music in, then you can decide if you like it or not. Roberto Intrallazzi and Luca Provera are definitely masters in their profession, because slowly they started to move the dance floor at their will.

It was a refreshing type of music for a Saturday night at Parking, I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but the combination of house, minimal and electro worked super well with the crowd, creating an interesting and enthusiastic vibe all night long.

Cube Guys all the way.

No comments: