Monday, November 17, 2008

Malick & DJ Isaac Escalante @ Unity - November 15, 2008

I just wanted to quickly mention how amazing this night turned out to be at the Unity Club. Malick did a wonderful job warming up the crowd, but who actually surprised me was Señor Escalante.

I don't know why but I thought he played mostly commercial stuff, but how wrong I was, and you can tell he has been hanging out in Brazil for a while now - his music has incorporated everything that is good (and bad for some) from North and South America.

Escalante has a strong ability to keep the dance floor busy, and he doesn't ask authorization from anyone in order to do it. Tribal is his strong genre, which is complemented by good house vocal tunes, and my understanding is that he also played a lot of his own productions during the evening.

I believe he made a great impression back in Pride 2008, because there were lot of people that were returning to Unity because of Isaac Escalante. You could tell the crowd was not what you usually see at Unity, and I actually enjoyed very much the mix - half Innocent and half dirty.

Escalante at The Week Rio - October 2008

No comments: