El Salvador - El Pulgarcito de Centroamerica
El Salvador is the smallest country in Central America, how small? It has almost the same size as the state of Massachusetts. I could go on and start talking about the statistics, why there was a civil war, and why today the official currency is the American dollar, but I’ll save from those details, instead I’ll tell a bit about my trip to this tiny country back in December 2006. Started to write about El Salvador last January, then a computer crash erased everything I had written, and here I’m a couple of months later trying to give you some words about this little place one day I called home. If you want to go to a place where you want to have a rough adventure, where you want to climb a volcano - 25 of them - or swim in one of the few lakes, or walk around beaches which I consider to be the most beautiful in the region (don’t all countries claim the same thing?), then El Salvador is the place to go. Said that, don’t expect to find tourist information booths everywhere you g...
Comments