Saturday, March 22, 2008

White Weekend in Montreal - Easter

You should know this weekend is all about the Bal en Blanc in Montreal, even if you are not going, you will feel the excitement when going to the other venues. I still don't know if I'm going, don't have a ticket (don't even know if the outlets are still selling them) and I guess I should decide soon about it.

Anyway, besides the major party tomorrow night, Stereo probably will be busy tonight - Hector Romero and Danny Torrence will be celebrating 4 years of "Full Body Workout". Didn't this FBW use to be call Fuego at Stereo? Wait, I think Fuego was XL night. Why Stereo will be busy tonight? Both DJs are good and some of you that are not going to the Bal en Blanc will want to party hard tonight.

Circus is having an identity crisis and they are celebrating Pacha Marrakech tonight with Driss and Faitfull, it could be interesting. Red-Lite is also going white, and they have Jester, Malick and Joubin to make sure everything goes well.

Parking will be set on fire by the beautiful Hector Fonseca and Alain Jackinsky, and on Sunday Peter Bailey will be in the house. Toronto' Shawn Ricker will be gracing the decks at Unity tonight, and I cannot forget to mention Eddy Jasmin will take care of the T-Dance at the Sky on Sunday night.

Angel Morais and Luc Raymond will be rocking Chery on Sunday, one of my favourite places in Montreal. I cannot stress enough, if you haven't been at Cherry yet, please do yourself a favour and check this place out.

Don't know if I'm going to post anything else this weekend, so that is why the compact heavy suggestions for partying in Montreal today. If you are not going to the Bal en Blanc, there are many other venues hosting good time, and be sure to be nice to the tourists okay?

If you are going to the Bal en Blanc, make sure to have a great time, if it is your fist time it might be overwhelming at the beginning but you will rapidly get absorved by the vibe, and don't worry if you lose your friends inside - we always do - just don't waste your time looking for them because eventually you will bump on them, or you might ended up meeting someone you had no idea that existed. If you still asking who is spinning at what time:

TECH ROOM
21h30 - midnight: Insomnia
midnight - 2h30 : Infected Mushrooms
2h30 - 5h00 : Ferry Corsten
5h00 -9h00 : Armin Van Buuren
9h00 - 11h00 : Menno De Jong
11h00 - noon : Wizz

HOUSE ROOM
21h30 - 23h30 : Uppercut
23h30 - 1h00 : Cesar Romero
1h00 - 3h00 : Cedric Gervais
3h00 - 3h20 : Chris Willis
3h20 - 6h30 : David Guetta
6h30 - 9h00 : Offer Nissim
9h00 - noon : Victor Calderone



First I thought it was not a good idea to have Victor Calderone closing the party in the House Room, maybe moving him up one set would be better, but then I thought about it, and I think it is perfect he is closing because he now is playing hard techno. If he were to be dropped in the middle of the night, that could interrupt the flow of the music. Again, what do I know, maybe he will return to his previous incarnations and drop some tribal, but I don't think is going to happen and I really hope he plays hard core techno.

How is it? Just follow these American boys from arriving to Canada until partying at the Bal en Blanc 2007, don't know about you, but I feel like I should try to get my ticket.



and if still have some energy left on Monday, then go down to Stereo bar for the After8 special with Bruno Brown, Erik El and Malick.

No comments: