Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spring is Coming

It has been a couple of days already since we officially entered Spring.

Even though today is didn't feel like it, Spring is really coming to the Northern Hemisphere. If you are reading this from the Southern Hemisphere, then you must known the weather will start cooling off on your side eh?

Spring means more parties, and desperate people looking to expose their skin to the sun - I'm one of them. Then I look at the April schedule posted by Stereo, and I think they want to keep us dancing every weekend. There is the Blended boys 4th anniversary party, DJ Vibe is returning, so is Heather, Chus & Ceballos, Torrence and Grondin. David Morales is once again inviting Danny Rampling to play at "La Vie en Stereo". Rampling is coming out of retirement to play at Stereo, which I think is really cool, specially since he made such a great impression first and last time he played at the temple back in October 2006.

Rampling posted back them his review of the night:

"Oh My god-what a club!
this night will stay with me forever.The
sound system is a monster such power in the
boxes.my opinion is that stereo sound is the no1
sound system in the world.
You people are ever so fortunate to have this
great club in Montreal.
the 4hrs i played went so quickly really enjoyed
playing alongside my good friend David
Morales....he took over at 5.30 am and lifted the
room to the next higher level his music was
superb twisted tribal electronic soul.....Morales
was on fire.
i made two trips to the dance floor for a
shakedown before i had to leave at 11am-to fly
home.......there's such a wild tribal hardcore
feeling in the room.reminds me of the days of the
soundfactory nyc in the mid 90's....Amazing
mixture of clubbers all responding positively to
the beats.
Canada supports David for all the style and
quality provided at stereo.
it was very difficult leaving such a brilliant
night-i have been so inspired by the whole
experience-therefore will certainly return as a
dancer in the near future-everyone should make a
trip to the worlds no1 club.
I know understand how and why David Morales the
host plays for up to 23hrs non
stop......Incredible! thank you so much Canada for
all your support much respect.
Dan still on the stereo high!!"


Back to Spring, lots of things to do and I still haven't checked what is going elsewhere. Victor Calderone is also returning in May, unfortunately I believe I'll have to miss this one because most likely I'll be down in São Paulo - keep an eye for party reviews coming from South America. Anyway, Spring is here and I hope the snow disappears.

No comments: