Thursday, March 06, 2008

R.I.P. Stereo NY or (((WORK)))?

It is very sad to hear that another club, in New York City, might be closing down after this weekend. Stereo New York (or WORK) last party at its present location will be this Saturday, March 8, with Peter Rauhofer.

I had the chance to visit this club for their opening night back on November 18, 2006 (REVIEW), and some of my friends really enjoyed spending their time at this club, specially after the closing of Roxy in March 2007. The building will be demolished - such a pity because the place is perfect for a club - and instead, I'm assuming a new great building will go up.

Anyway, WORK is claiming they will be moving to a new location, and if this is really true, they should get rid of the name STEREO NY and keep it short and simple, and just call it WORK. Meanwhile Pacha should brace itself for an injection of a large number of refugees from StereoNY. Is this really R.I.P.?

No comments: