Sunday, May 06, 2012

David Morales @ Stereo - May 5, 2012

I have said t many times, there is no better deejay to introduce you to Stereo than David Morales. If you are thinking in bringing someone new to Stereo, try to bring him/her when David is on, because his passion for the music, his love for Stereo, and his energy towards the dancers is unique and unforgettable.

If you were to ask me how many times have I seen Morales in action, I wouldn't be able to tell you, but what I can say is this guy is responsible for some of my most enjoyable nights of my "professional" party life.

Have I liked all performances?  No, but each one of them were enjoyable in a way or another, even the time when Stereo was celebrating David's birthday  (I think), and the Montreal police decided to drop by and stop the party because over capacity issues.

Alright, I'm getting off topic here, lets go back to May 5, which technically was Sunday May 6 and not Saturday May 5.  Knowing it was going to be an all night long affair, I arrived fresh from my beauty sleep at around 4:00am - David was already in transition mode, elevating the energy of the place and starting to experiment with the crowd.

Puerto Rico was definitely in the house, because those delicious Latin tunes were splashing everywhere, and how could you not move with this music?  David was digging music from his glorious past, tunes that still make the crowd go wild, he was feeling a bit nostalgic of Whitney Houston, I think I heard 3 or 4 of her songs, but the most important of all, David was feeling happy because you could see it in his face.  All the above was mixed with the house music I just love to hear, and thanks god dubstep has not hit David (nothing wrong if you enjoyed that style, but it is not my cup of tea).

The crowd was good, busy and Stereolized, all happy and ready for more music, not too many dance stoppers, you know those one with their cell phones texting from the confort of the middle of the dance floor.

Overall, it was a superb night, and I'm so glad I decided to be there as well.  There were 2 friends that were supposed to go with me, and it was going to be their first time, unfortunately a last minute change in plans meant they are going to have to wait a bit longer to experience David Morales at Stereo, because you can see him in other venues, but nothing compares to David at the temple of house music.

Nnothing like an enjoyable morning work out on a Sunday morning right?


No comments: