Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 - not the end of the world ...

... just the beginning of many new experiences and journeys to come.

Here I'm getting ready for another Xmas dinner party with some good friends, and this after my P90X workout, the one I've been restarting for the last 6 months.

A friend of mine told me 2012 has been the year of evolutions, so many changes occurring all around us, but I guess this happens every year, perhaps we just don't notice them. Some changes are by choice and others because life wants them in your path, and then you just have to own those changes because all experiences, it doesn't matter if they are good or bad, help to shape what kind of person you are.

Don't ever change I hear sometimes, actually I do want to change, because as one of my good friends say all the time, I don't want to go to bed knowing in which side I'm going to be sleeping all the time. Although this is true, somehow I always manage to wake up in the same side of the bed.


Looking outside and I see snow falling, which for some it is a beautiful things and for others just a sign that in 3 or 4 months Spring will come back to life again in the northern hemisphere. Then again we could just jump on a plane and fly away to the warmer lands of the southern hemisphere, the birds do that all the time and they seen happy. Nevertheless we do see some happy polar bears up north, mind you I've never had the chance to see them in their own natural habitat, but there are pictures and videos to prove it.

There were so many changes in my life in 2012, some professional, some personal, a little bit of everything. I miss my old routine, but I also love my new one, it feels like my time at university all over again, when I couldn't really decided which subject I liked the most because I really enjoyed all of them - no wonder why I got to spend time studying in all departments.

What is this guy talking about you might be wondering, I don't really know, but what I do know is that I'm very grateful to all those people that have been, are and will be part of my life, and this is why I want to wish you Merry Christmas and an incredible 2013, because as I said before 2012 was not the end of the world, just a path to 2013.

Let's just go dancing.

No comments: