Thursday, August 09, 2007

Jester, Dekoze, Peter Rauhofer @ Stereo, August 5, 2007

My ticket read “Doors open at 1:00am”, but when I got to Stereo at 1:00am the party was already on for a couple of hours. Anyway, even if I had known the party would start earlier, there was no way I would had make it from the beginning. Spent some time at the “La Grande Dance” and had to relax before going out and partying again.

Missed Jester, and Deko-ze was already bouncing, and the bouncing became tribal, and tribal became trance, and then hard core trance. This guy cannot stay still, he is always bouncing in the decks, and I have to say it is kind of contagious.

Stereo was officially gay for the night, and as someone described the night even before it started, it was a zoo. There were guys everywhere, and those rainbow flags were dripping in sweat all night long. The place was packed, and when I say packed it is really packed. I got really worry when I saw 4 fire marshals walking around the place at around 4:00am - it was dejavu all over again for me, but it looks like everything was under control - except the security guys that were a little bit more tense than usual.

Deko-ze got the party happening with his hard core tunes, and it was hard. I believe the first part of his set of kind of dark tribal, but it was as if he took off and this is when he started to insert the trance like sounds in the house. Interesting to see a human train trying to follow the moves with those tunes. Even more interesting to see a couple of hundred men hugging each other under the influence of those sounds.

I asked a friend of mine how did he like Deko-ze, and he said he loved, but then I reminded him those tunes are the ones he does not enjoy very much. He then reminded me that he was with 3 beautiful guys, and there was nothing that would ruin the moment. In behalf of my friend, thank you Atlanta and Barcelona for entertaining my friend in those hard core hours.

Personally, Deko-ze played tunes that are not part of my cup of tea during the second part of his set, so I decided to move to the sidelines and watch the dance floor from there. Here and there I would feel the urge to lift up my arms and start making those aggressive moves with my hands, this is when I saw the serious Peter Rauhofer move on to the decks. He arrived probably 20 min before the beginning of his set, and he exchanged some brief words with Deko-ze while he started to slowly take over the place. Deko-ze became even more hard core, please someone correct me if I’m wrong, but that was pure Trance what he was playing by the end of his set.

Finally Peter Rauhofer took over, and if wasn’t because I was standing right beside the booth I wouldn’t have noticed. It was one of the cleanest transition I have seen in a long time. He just continue the same time of sounds for at least 3 more records, and slowly started to revive the tribal sounds he has not delivered at Stereo in a long time.

I know some of you will disagree with me, but this has been one of the best sets I had the chance to experience from Peter Rauhofer. Not sure if he wanted to show to Stereo what we have been missing in a long time, or it is his new style, or what, but it was just a diabolic mix of perfect sounds. I had kind of become disappointed with him because I had not fully enjoyed his previous sets, it became a little bit better the last two times I saw him, but after this performance at Stereo, I won’t doubt him again.

The dance floor was literally exploding, and this is when I felt some water falling in my legs. At first I thought someone was playing with water near the fan, and this was making water to travel all over the place, until I realized something was happening with the roof, water was coming down hard thru the ceiling. I was already tired, and probably this is a sign telling me I should go home. I moved myself downstairs and told a friend it was raining. He told me it was true, it was raining hard outside, this is when I had to explain to him it was raining inside Stereo as well. When I saw the security guys walking upstairs with a metal fence each, this is when I said goodbye to the party - left at around 9:30am, and for what I heard, the party kept going strong downstairs until late.

Peter Rauhofer, it doesn’t matter if you don’t smile man, what a fantastic treat you gave us at the Pride Ball.

No comments: