Sunday, February 17, 2008

Patrick Guay & Ana Paula @ Parking - February 16, 2008

Disclaimer: I was not feeling well, so my apologies if this affected the way I experienced the party.

Last time Ana Paula was at Parking, I made the mistake of arriving almost at midnight, which almost left me outside. Arrived at 10:45pm instead and I was not the only one, the place was already packed.

Patrick Guay was having fun spinning for such energetic crowd, and the closer it got to midnight the harder he played, and I don't know about the rest, but I could feel the energy building up.

Ana Paula arrived and I had the chance to exchange some words with her, and she is such a sweetheart. I explained to her that usually Parking get busy until later, and because her last performances in Montreal have been outstanding, people either want to see her again, or get to see her for the first time.

Midnight came and she took over, and the reaction from the crowd was more than welcoming. Right away she brought the Tribal sounds out, but surprisingly not at the same intensity as her last performance. Remember, this is my second time seeing her, but my standards for her are high already. I don't think there was a need to mellow down the party, but she was the DJ and that was her party.

The crowd was beautiful, with energy levels that could take the moon out of its orbit, then again that is where I wanted to send the clown that was dancing at Parking. It doesn't help the fact as I child I was coulrophobic, so please Parking don't let clowns in anymore.

Slowly Ana Paula started to build up the energy again, and it looks like she has this ability to move the party to any level she wants, maybe it is because her contagious energy, or because she is very transparent about how she feel about the night.

The music was pure tribal, some records happier than others, lots of vocals, some known tunes, others that I have only heard from some Spaniard DJs, not too many dark sounds, and I believe there were several remixes played during the night, that were produced by Ana Paula - very good mixing by the way.

Nevertheless, maybe it was because I wasn't feeling that well, but I think Ana Paula can do much better than what she did on Saturday night. I had a great time dancing, and there were lots of smiles, and very little room to dance at one point in time. Ana Paula displayed once again this charismatic glow of energy, and she again danced with the crowd (not for the crowd as Offer Nissim).

I won't say I was disappointed with the night, but comparatively with her last party at Parking, she was not at the same level. Looking at the number of people she attracted to Parking, I believe and I hope, she will become a regular DJ in Montreal, I think the boys and girls have fallen in love with her, and I would love to see her spinning at Stereo one of these days.

Perhaps the BBCM made a strategic error by not booking Ana Paula at Circus for the Part 2 of their Red Party, because almost everyone was talking about going to the Climaxxx party with Danny Torrence at Stereo, where I would had gone if I were feeling better.

Toronto also had the chance to experience Ana Paula the weekend before, and the reviews were very positive, and I'm sorry but I did not take any pictures or video as I had promised to some of you.

Ana Paula @ Fly - Toronto


and more Ana Paula @ Fly - Toronto


Note: For those expecting to see a review for the Climaxxx party with Danny Torrence, I was not feeling that well last night, and couldn't go. When I woke up this morning, I was in better shape, got dressed and took off to Stereo. Unfortunately they were not letting people in at 9:15am. I really wanted to catch up the last part of the set, but I guess I will have to wait for the next Climaxxx :-(

2 comments:

charlistheron said...

Personally, I cannot say i was very convinced by ana paula's music last saturday - the first part was kinda "slow" but let's say it was to heat up the crowd. the second part was better but still quite average. i have seen ana paula doing much better than that, a lot of times, and i must say i was a bit disappointed at parking.
I went to circus afterwards, to the official afterparty, and was stunned by the crowd (very straight and not so gay friendly). music was really sheit. i dont understand why bbcm sent us there. i asked people on dancefloor and apparently circus is always like that. anyway, now i'll know... and i took off after 5 minutes of dispair to end up in stereo. which was really great. no surprises. music perfect for an after, danny very good, happy crowd and very good energy. in one word: the usual stereo... i danced til i couldnt walk anymore. still recovering...

Patius said...

nenvertheless, I still want to see Ana Paula spinning at Stereo, I've seen her potential and I really like her energy. Regarding Circus, yeap, it is a different world over there.