Saturday, March 15, 2008

Philips Xenium 9@9u - Midnight Black



Say hello to my new cell phone. I was not very happy with what Fido were offering as my possible new cell phone. Didn't want to switch to Rogers either, the only one I could go with in case I wanted to leave Fido, because I like my GSM network.

What was left? I went global and imported this baby from a dealer in Hong Kong. I had no idea Philips made cell phones, and although this is a 2G cell phone, for the price you paid in order to use the 3G features in today's video phones, I'm positive I'll be very happy with "Midnight Black". How can you go wrong with a battery lasting up to 740 hours in stand-by? That is almost a month guys, and if you talk a lot, up to 8 hours of talk time.

The interesting thing was the cell phone came factory set in Chinese language - and let me tell you, it took me almost 30 minutes to find in the Chinese menu, how to switch to the English language.

UPDATE (MARCH 30): I'm having problems with this cell phone, the promised long lasting battery is not happening. I have to recharge the phone every third day. I have contacted the dealer and they promised to check with Philips about this issue. Twice they came back saying the battery is suppose to last 740 hours in standby mode, so I have decided to request a RMA (return merchandise authorization), because is clear the phone I have received is defective. If wasn't because of this issue, and if you are looking something good, I would highly suggest you get this phone. Do not get this phone if you are thinking in using to make video clips, but it is not bad for taken pictures. Love how easy is to manage your date using your personal computer. My concern now is that I have found another person having the same issue as me, I hope is just a bad lucky issue instead of a faulty phone.

Midnight Black

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey would you mind telling me how much this phone cost you.. thanks

Patius said...

it was around $200.00 but there are new models now, maybe you should look into those new ones