Sunday, September 23, 2012

Post # 1000

Yes boys and girls, this is posting number 1000, and I can't say this is a major achievement but I can tell you I've been thinking about what I'm going to do with this blog I started a couple of years ago.

The blog began as a spin off of the website MTLNIGHTS.COM (this public forum no longer exist), I remember one day I was so in love with Stereo, this club in Montreal, that I wanted to find other people with similar feelings. I found the public forum and this is when Patius was created.

The usual reviews were "the party was awesome" or "the music was spinning at 128bpm....", and I thought we need a review which is simple and clear enough to be understood by everyone. If someone was saying why the party was good, or why it was horrible, I wanted to know why. At the same time there were people discussing very technical stuff that most regular party goers wouldn't be able to understand.

Not sure if I was able to do that, but I tried my best to review the parties in the most honest and simple way possible. I used to go out a lot before, and as you noticed this is no longer the case. It doesn't mean I don't go out dancing anymore, I love dancing and I believe this will always be part of my life, but I don't feel the urge to write reviews anymore.

You have noticed that I also review places I visit, either for pleasure or when I'm travelling for business. Said that, I'm really debating if I should just keep writing party reviews once in a while, or just dedicate this blog completely to my travels.

Yeah, I'm using my post number 1000 to share my middle party life crisis. Nevertheless I must say I feel humble for the fact there are people that keep coming back to this blog to read my craziness.

Glad you are still following this blog, and soon I shall share with you my thoughts about what I'm going to do in the near future, to review parties, trips, or both?

No comments: